Saturday, September 13, 2008

Mormon At Your Convenience

So I have been thinking lately about something that has really been bothering me, Really inactive Mormons who all of a sudden decided to go to church to gain some sense of self worth.
I was raised by converts who decided to take me to church every sunday and be baptized when I was ready. It so happened my brother Cris and I got baptized on the same day. We went to church every sunday like LDS members are supposed to. The thing is even though we were baptized Mormons our parents didn't think it was fair to know little about other religions.. so when our parents split we would go to church with my dad and participate in what felt like a concert sould surviving thing.. CRAZY!! NOW I have only been inactive since I left high school, but throught out all of my teens years I went to church and was respectful of myself my choices and my vocabulary. Since this I have never spoken Ill if the church or said that I never liked the church or ever wanted to go back. I simply said " The day UTAH members become truely genuine.. is the day I will return to church."

Well what bothers me are these people that have spoken ill of the church and for some reason decide they want to be the best members EVER. They want it all. After a life that takes a couple years of repenting they want to feel on top of the world. Jack Mormons as we like to call them. I used to be one of them, until I realized I'm not ready to go back to church.. with my lifestyle I can not sit there look at these very judgemental people and lie to myself and put shame on our father in heaven. SO I'm just bothered by how some people think just because it's time to grow up they want to go into the temple and live all righteous and what not. Not for me and it bugs me

No comments: