Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Boiling Eggs in the Apartment Fire!

Ok so the girls in the apartment below us left eggs boiling and caught their apartment on fire!!! How the heck they do that is beyond me. I always check everything before I leave especially my flat iron. Anyways so I hear the fire detector go off and I'm searching my whole apartment thinking that it's my place so I'm listening from room to room and I get louder in the hallway so I listen and I cant put it together. So I go back and do what I was doing, and I'm telling my friend that the alarm is still going off. I was so tempted to call the fire department because maybe I was hearing something. When all Of a sudden I smelt it. Something was on fire. So I hurred got Lili in a blanket and left my apartment when the fire department should up. Out just in time! Anyways a couple of neighbors were out talking with me and then the girl of the apartment shows up. They talk to her and then she comes out and explains what happend.
It turns out that she wasn't even in the area she had just got home. So It looks like her roomate left the stove on with boiling eggs all day long and it has exploded started a small kitchen fire and melted the counter tops and the kitchen floor. They couldn't go inside for 5 hours which means they couldn't go home unti almost 10pm. Im just grateful that it wasn't any worse then it was, and that my apartment is perfectly fine. I couldn't imagine my apartment being destroyed my daughters things mean so much more to me then anything I have ever gotten myself. Like I would try and save her clothes if I could go back and save anything else. Forget the wii the brand new tv and computer.. save Lili's clothes.

So since the economy is really really bad rob got layed off. I didn't really see it coming i thought they would go out of business first, but oh well. What upsets me is that he's counting on unemployment to pull him through. We have a lot of expenses. A baby is SO EXPENSIVE I'm not complaining cause I love her but i cant wait until she is older and out of diapers!

No comments: